Admissions Policy Practice and Procedure
Childcare places will be offered with priority given to:
· Children requiring an extended day.
· Families living in the Lewsey Area.
· Working parents and students.
· Siblings of past or present children.
· Date of registration.
Education Places for 3 – 5s
Children are normally admitted at the beginning of the term following their 3rd birthday.
Places are offered with priority given to:
- Children already accessing extended care.
- Siblings of past or present children.
- Children who have attended an LEA early years setting elsewhere and have recently moved into the area
- Children who have special needs and whose admission is supported by a recognised professional (HV, GP, EYSS etc)
- Children who are deemed to be at risk and/or have been placed on the Child Protection Register
- Children in families where there has been a crisis or emergency support is needed.
- In order of date of registration.
Children with severe and complex needs are allocated to the Resourced Provision at the nursery by the Early Years Panel (ISCAN). There are 8 full time equivalent places available.