If you have a concern or complaint, please follow the following procedure:-


What you   should do What will   happen
Discuss your concerns with the team leader/children’s centre worker/office   manager/headteacher or other relevant member of staff The member of staff concerned will deal with your issues or make sure you have the information you need if you feel you want to take the matter further.

If you are not satisfied with the response:-

Complain to the headteacher or children’s centre hub manager either verbally or in writing Your complaint will be acknowledged and a meeting held within the nursery/children’s centre with a full written response within 15 working days

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive or if your complaint is about the headteacher or hub manager:-

Complain to the chair of governors in writing by post or hand or complaint in to the school office for forwarding to:-


Julius Kandekore

40 Lockington Crescent



Your complaint will be acknowledged within 7 working days with a full response within 20 working days

If the complaint is not resolved:-

Write to the clerk of the governing body requesting that your complaint be heard by a complaints committee of governors.

Clerk to the governors details are:-

Glynis Gray

c/o Pastures Way Nursery School

Pastures Way

Luton.  LU4 0PE

The complaints committee will meet within 10 school days from receipt of your letter.  The committee’s decision is final and you will be told of its findings within 5 working days of the hearing

If you are not satisfied that your complaint has been properly dealt with:-

Write to the Council Children & Learning Department, giving evidenced that the complaints procedure was not followed correctlyThe Children & Learning Department will acknowledge your letter within 3 working days and tell you what will be done. The department can only investigate inappropriate procedure, not re-visit the complaint itself. A response will be made within 10 working days

If you are not satisfied with the response from the Children & Learning Department:-

Write to the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, or the local Government Ombudsman The Secretary of State may intervene if a governing body or a Council has not carried out a statutory duty or has acted unreasonably.  The Ombudsman only investigates issues of maladministration.