Help your child become a reader !
All children, even tiny babies enjoy books, stories and rhymes – they need lots of opportunities to do this as this is how they will become a reader!
- Sharing books with children, toddlers and babies is a great way to help them learn about their world
- Talking about the pictures will help your child begin to talk
- You can share books anywhere, any time and a bedtime story is a lovely way to end the day
- Enjoying and sharing books will help your child to see them as a source of pleasure and interest
How can I help my child to enjoy stories and rhymes?
- Try to make time to enjoy books every day
- Take time to look together at the words and pictures in a story
- Use your hands and face as well as your voice – your child will love to see you smiling
- Make funny noises e.g. animal sounds like woof, growl and hoot – this will really help to bring the story to life
- Stories and rhymes can be shared with the whole family so why not invite siblings or other family members to join in?
- Don’t be shy, relax and enjoy – if you are having fun so will your child